Sunday, November 21, 2010

AyaPapaya ~ Feather, Leather, and Lace

Hello, my name is Aya Iwasaki and my etsy store is AyaPapaya. I've been creating, wearing, and sharing my feather adornments for just over a year. I started making feather earrings because I wanted a pair for myself. I bought a lot of feathers, some wire, and hooks and experimented. The first pair that I ever made is the x3 tiered feather earrings
featured in my shop. They were a hit amongst my friends, and several of my friends commissioned me to make pairs for them. From there, I started playing with different styles and fell in love with feathers! In the last year I developed my business, and now have over 20 styles of earrings, hair pieces, and adornments. I use all natural feathers, no synthetic or dyes, because natural feathers are so beautiful that I want to display them as they are. In the last few months I've been working with leather as well, and plan on incorporating more leather work into my pieces.
I love hand-making unique pieces that make the wearer feel beautiful. It is so precious to be vending and to watch someones face light up when they put on a pair of earrings, or a hair piece. There is so much beauty locked up inside of the people around us, it is my aim to draw out natural beauty by adorning them with art.


New to AyaPapaya ~ Feather Hair Extensions


Bored with your hair? Try highlighting your hair with natural feathers! They are semi permanent extensions lasting up to 3 months. Wash, blow dry, flat iron, straighten, or curl along with the rest of your hair. Call Aya for personal appointments or ask about feather parties at 805 453 8060.

(photo by Victoria Slagel, www.victoriagloria.com)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your feather Hair extensions! I've been seeing them all over SB!

    ReplyDelete