Sunday, November 14, 2010

Etsy SB Team Member: GirlSunday

Can we talk about me for a while?

I'm the person behind GirlSunday Designs. I started making reusable snackbags when I sent my now 4 year old daughter to pre-school. I would use 2 or 3 zippy bags a day and after several washings of them or rather me just being lazy, I would throw them out. I was feeling guilty about all the waste and thought there's got to be a better way.

About the same time, I started sewing. I new I could sew straight lines and thought I should try and make some sort of reusable something to put my daughter's snacks in. I cruised through the internet and saw a few things I liked. I made several prototypes and finally fabbed up something that I was happy with.



I started using them, and gave some to some friends. They told 2 friends and they told 2 friends and before I knew it, I had a small business happening. I started my Etsy shop soon after.

The name GirlSunday came from my mom's maiden name Domingo, which means Sunday in Spanish. A little play on words and a homage to my mom and grandmother, both of whom were business women and paved the way for me.

Etsy is a great experience. I'm looking forward to building our team and showing SB there's a new kind of homemade in town.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! This blog is great, I will try t someday. Also try visiting gourmandia.com for great recipes all over the globe.

    ReplyDelete